Stay Happy and Not Depressed
Happy people embrace the following habits:
1) Gratitude: This reduces feeling of envy, makes us nicer and helps us bounce back from stress.
2) Forgiveness: We’ve all been hurt by words or actions of others. Learn to let go of grudges and bitterness. Choose forgiveness, compassion and understanding.
3) Do not associate happiness with external factors: Avoid tying your self-worth to external signals. This could vary as the weather.
4) Failing forward: Accepts struggle and discomfort as evidence of making progress and achieving growth rather than a sign of failure.
5) Buy experiences and not material things: Experiences trump physical items, which wears off quickly. Experiences can be relieved for years.
6) Avoid debt: Overwhelming debt distresses us and robs us of our joy and happiness.
7) Positive relationships: This enhances our growth and provides support during tough times.