How to break free from pain pill addiction
The opioid addiction is not considered to be a moral or mental weakness. It’s said to be a chronic mental health condition which results from changes in the brain of susceptible people. One cannot escape from it once the person gets addicted to it.
In other to break free from pain pill addiction , one requires more than will power.Fortunately, there are medications and counseling as treatment options which can significantly improve the chances of success.
What are the warning signs of painkiller addiction?
One of the sign of painkiller addiction is becoming preoccupied. This includes busy thinking about where and how you will get your next dose and whether your supply is enough or not.
• You use more dose than what is prescribed
• Often people take more than what the doctor prescribes which increases level of intake.
• Cutting the supply abruptly leads to its withdrawal symptoms:
• Large pupil
• Craving for drugs
• Abdominal pain
• Body aches
• Nausea and vomiting
• Agitation and severe negative moods
• You go to more than one doctor
Are you one of those who visit more than one doctor? Or do you get extra supply of pain pills from the street
If you have lied to your doctor about your previous prescription just to increase your dose, it’s a cause for concern.
• You’re using painkillers to get high
• Maybe you are using them due to the way they make you feel instead of relieving pain.
• Neglecting major obligations
• Repeatedly unable to carry out major obligations at work, school, or home due to opioid use
• Multiple social problems
• Continued use despite persistent or recurring social or interpersonal problems caused or made worse by opioid use
• Failed attempts to quit
• Wanting to cut down or quit but not being able to do it.
• A need for markedly increased amounts to achieve intoxication or desired effect or markedly diminished effect with continued use of the same amount
• Medication management is highly essential to break free from pain pill addiction.The two forms of medications are either Methadone or Suboxone
Substance abuse counseling either group or individual psychotherapy combined with medication management produces positive outstanding results.